Sunday, October 27, 2013

From the Front Row - the Final Edition

Over the last couple of weeks in my From the Front Row feature, I've shared snapshots of bloggers, radio/tv hosts and photographers with their high-tech cameras. Typically I rely on my trusty iPhone 4G to capture photos for my blog. In fact, each of my subjects was shot with my iPhone. But this fashion week, Samsung let me test drive their new Galaxy Camera. Allow me to share my own experience in the final post of this feature.

Fashion week day 5 - could someone fix my hair?
What are you shooting with?
I'm using the Samsung GALAXY Camera. Their tagline pretty well sums it up - "Shoots like a pro. Shares like a Smartphone."

Do you share the photos? How?
I use the photos for my blog (this one!) as well as on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.  Beyond the runway and fashion week, I have been using it to shoot client events or random scenes that I use as inspiration for future events.

What’s your favourite feature of this device?
I cannot name just one.  First, the touch screen is HUGE and the colour is truly fantastic.  Even though I've dabbled with photography for nearly 20 years, I consider myself an amateur. The GALAXY's Smart Mode lets me choose the scene so I have the perfect camera settings.  

So, for instance, the Action Freeze setting is great for those fast walking models at Joe Fresh, but with the Macro setting I can get up close with fabric detail.  However, if I want to play professional, there's also an Expert setting where I can change the aperture, F-stop and all those other finite camera details.


I love the connectivity of the GALAXY.  It's wi-fi enabled, so I can share instantly via email or Instagram. It comes with Dropbox installed so I have the option of backing up there or on the Cloud. It runs on the latest version of Android OS, Android 4.1 JellyBean, giving me access to a slew of apps.  And for someone who appreciates good design, I have to say I adore its sleek, white, minimalist design.  If wearable technology is the next big thing, I foresee it being a huge success with Samsung driving it. This camera rocks.


The colour-rich Bustle runway
Joe Fresh models create wind, you must shoot fast
The details on Dreamboat Lucy's collection don't get missed

No comments:

Post a Comment